cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to transfer object parameters but NOT home story in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi forum, long time no see...

I have a little problem with the otherwise awesome-as-always syringe function. I notice when transferring parameters from one object to another in the 3D window, the target object jumps to the home story of the "seed" object.
Walls, slabs, etc. keep their home story, as they should.
We recently switched to AC18. I don't remember this thing happening in older versions, but then maybe I just never tried doing this.
Is this a bug or a "feature" and most importantly, IS THERE A WAY TO TURN THIS BEHAVIOR OFF so I could transfer parameters between stories? (other than doing it in plan window)
The only idea I came up with was fiddling with the favorites settings but it seems to have no effect.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
rob2218
Enthusiast
the "syringe function" should also have a built-in parameter to selectively choose WHAT parameter you want switched over but I notice that it will switch EVERYTHING over.

I find it difficult to copy windows, doors, in particular when all I want is the same window type for example but I want the window tag, height, size to be different.

Yes, I know, use favorites but there has to be another option.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I agree we should have the same exceptions that favorites do, but keep in mind that parameter transfer is a two step process.

First you eyedropper the settings of an element into the default for that tool. Then you inject the defaults into another element. You can pause halfway and change the defaults before injecting. Including of course, the home story.

Cheers,
Link.
rob2218
Enthusiast
good point.
will have to try pausing in the middle next time and altering my parameters to get what I want.

thanks for that insight.
Link wrote:
I agree we should have the same exceptions that favorites do, but keep in mind that parameter transfer is a two step process.

First you eyedropper the settings of an element into the default for that tool. Then you inject the defaults into another element. You can pause halfway and change the defaults before injecting. Including of course, the home story.

Cheers,
Link.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS