Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I can't trace the pipeline.

retdot
Contributor

I made a template that is convenient for me to work with. The template represents a project I have already completed. In this template, I also laid out cold and hot water routes, sewerage and ventilation. Everything worked fine, almost. Now, I am making my new project in this file, but when I start laying a route on the floor plan, the panel does not appear in which the direction (vertical or horizontal) is indicated. I just can't find this panel! I changed the profile to MEP, but it didn't helpСнимок экрана 2024-06-30 181236.pngСнимок экрана 2024-06-30 183127.pngСнимок экрана 2024-06-30 183521.png

Operating system used: Windows 10

4 REPLIES 4
Nurbs
Advocate

Hi retdot,

In Archicad 27 you won't find the routing palette anymore because of a new MEP Tool:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm#t=_AC27_Help%2F005_NewFeatures%2F005_NewFeatures-16.... 

If you want to have the routing palette you'll have to stay with AC 26.

AC16 -> AC aktuell
WIN 10 & Mac Studio Ventura

Yes I understand. I just don’t understand why it’s impossible to make a vertical pipeline on the plan now? In each new version of Archikad, a new bunch of tabs and submenus appear. Some things in the interface are duplicated 3 times! The program began to resemble a trash can where both good and bad are thrown away. Do you really think that users expect a garbage interface from you?!!

Hi @retdot

Sure, there're major changes for MEP modeling from AC26 to 27 & that's accompanied with some enhancements.

For creating the vertical branch of the pipe or duct route you can draw the whole wrote or a segment of it in floor plan then via 3d view you can offset the segment vertically, see attached Screenshots.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 052757.pngScreenshot 2024-07-01 052859.pngScreenshot 2024-07-01 052914.png

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Why doesn't the MEP library load by default when you switch the profile to MEP engineer? Wouldn't that be logical? I spent all day yesterday to understand that it turns out that I simply did not have the MEP library loaded, so all the drawn elements look like dots on the plan. The Grafisoft team cannot make a floating message that would say that “the library is not loaded, your object will not be displayed on the floor plan and in 3D.”

Setup info provided by author

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!