Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I can't trace the pipeline.

retdot
Contributor

I made a template that is convenient for me to work with. The template represents a project I have already completed. In this template, I also laid out cold and hot water routes, sewerage and ventilation. Everything worked fine, almost. Now, I am making my new project in this file, but when I start laying a route on the floor plan, the panel does not appear in which the direction (vertical or horizontal) is indicated. I just can't find this panel! I changed the profile to MEP, but it didn't helpСнимок экрана 2024-06-30 181236.pngСнимок экрана 2024-06-30 183127.pngСнимок экрана 2024-06-30 183521.png

Operating system used: Windows 10

4 REPLIES 4
Nurbs
Advocate

Hi retdot,

In Archicad 27 you won't find the routing palette anymore because of a new MEP Tool:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm#t=_AC27_Help%2F005_NewFeatures%2F005_NewFeatures-16.... 

If you want to have the routing palette you'll have to stay with AC 26.

AC16 -> AC aktuell
WIN 10 & Mac Studio Ventura

Yes I understand. I just don’t understand why it’s impossible to make a vertical pipeline on the plan now? In each new version of Archikad, a new bunch of tabs and submenus appear. Some things in the interface are duplicated 3 times! The program began to resemble a trash can where both good and bad are thrown away. Do you really think that users expect a garbage interface from you?!!

Hi @retdot

Sure, there're major changes for MEP modeling from AC26 to 27 & that's accompanied with some enhancements.

For creating the vertical branch of the pipe or duct route you can draw the whole wrote or a segment of it in floor plan then via 3d view you can offset the segment vertically, see attached Screenshots.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 052757.pngScreenshot 2024-07-01 052859.pngScreenshot 2024-07-01 052914.png

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Why doesn't the MEP library load by default when you switch the profile to MEP engineer? Wouldn't that be logical? I spent all day yesterday to understand that it turns out that I simply did not have the MEP library loaded, so all the drawn elements look like dots on the plan. The Grafisoft team cannot make a floating message that would say that “the library is not loaded, your object will not be displayed on the floor plan and in 3D.”

Setup info provided by author