Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I guess I missed this too!!!! extending int. elevation line

Anonymous
Not applicable
WOW with so many new "features" I am not sure how GS will survive!!!! Is there a way to extend an interior elevation line? Man 11 was not ready for release! It shows gross negligence that they even considered releasing it. I am seriously thinking if i should write a letter to get my money back. All the time I have spent today working with ArchiCAd's "features" has been enough to make me want to chuck it out the window!!! I have been with archicad since 5 and worked the program the way archicad recommended. Well with this version, they have tried to accommodate all the cry babies, and made the program a mess! This has got to be the worst release since 8. Remember when we were all duped into buying that one!!!!
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Shae wrote:
WOW with so many new "features" I am not sure how GS will survive!!!! Is there a way to extend an interior elevation line? Man 11 was not ready for release! It shows gross negligence that they even considered releasing it. I am seriously thinking if i should write a letter to get my money back. All the time I have spent today working with ArchiCAd's "features" has been enough to make me want to chuck it out the window!!! I have been with archicad since 5 and worked the program the way archicad recommended. Well with this version, they have tried to accommodate all the cry babies, and made the program a mess! This has got to be the worst release since 8. Remember when we were all duped into buying that one!!!!
You have to extend the limit lines and not the line with the maker - like you do with the other sections and elevations.
Don't you just love consistency?

There are other bugs with the interior elevation tool (mentioned in other posts).
I still use just the plane section tool.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again Barry. I couldn't get mine to work that way, when I tried to stretch it, it either moved the extents line or it selected the wall I have it against. BTW while we are on the subject, I am always trying to keep up with new methodologies for time savers. I have been exploding my interior elevations copying them down 20 feet and correcting line weights adding text and fills. I was hoping the virtual trace function could help, to use a different methodology. How do you guys do it? I have been doing it like this since AC 5, and it works great, but is this the best way, time wise. Line weights are important. Beautiful city BTW!!!! I wish I was there!
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Attached is a section from our BIM manual, which explains our process. It's a bit convoluted, but keeps the Views live and gets us the output we want.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Barry Kelly
Shae wrote:
Thanks again Barry. I couldn't get mine to work that way, when I tried to stretch it, it either moved the extents line or it selected the wall I have it against.

When selecting the elevation line node to move be sure to have the interior elevation tool active.
This will ensure that Archicad doesn't select the wall instead - I find that very annoying when it swaps what you have already selected.
Shae wrote:
BTW while we are on the subject, I am always trying to keep up with new methodologies for time savers. I have been exploding my interior elevations copying them down 20 feet and correcting line weights adding text and fills. I was hoping the virtual trace function could help, to use a different methodology. How do you guys do it? I have been doing it like this since AC 5, and it works great, but is this the best way, time wise. Line weights are important. Beautiful city BTW!!!! I wish I was there!
I don't really have a method for this as we keep all our sections/elevations live.
What you see is what you get.
If we need to thicken any line work we just draw over the live elevation.
Text and dimensions just go straight on top as well.
Generally fills are taken care of by the element or objects materials.
But if needed we will just add extras to the elevation.
But we hardly ever do that - most of our elevations are just a single line weight.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11