Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I just lost the last 1 1/2 hours

Anonymous
Not applicable
It just closed..... I don't think I hit quit, but if I had it should have asked me to save. I didn't get a crash notice or a bug report..... nothing....

All of the sudden I have a major concern with AC10!
15 REPLIES 15
Anything in the autosave folder? If so, look at this. Good luck,
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
Anything in the autosave folder? If so, look at this. Good luck,

That's exactly what I did.... Unfortunately, I reopened the file hoping it would trigger the autosave, but it didn't I then quickly duplicated that folder and changed a .T file to a .PLN file (trying to pick a good file creation time)..... I got lucky it appears I got all but about 5-10 minutes back.....

Still..... I'm very concerned about this. I've lost almost nothing in Archicad, ever..... That part always seemed to work pretty well.... Now I'm not so sure... I'll have to train myself to save more often... Before, it wasn't as big a deal because I was saving fairly often just to update plotmaker....
SteveC0013 wrote:
I'm very concerned about this. I've lost almost nothing in Archicad, ever.....
It has happened to us a small handful of times over several years: it's rare. Screws falling out, as you say. Saving is always good though...
James Murray

Anonymous
Not applicable
IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN........ I think it might be a bad text block......
Anonymous
Not applicable
TWO MORE TIMES....

of trying to copy/paste the block or text before I just deleted and re-typed it..... It seems to be working now..
Ouch...at least you were able to trace it...
James Murray

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve,

sounds like a similar problem to one i had very recently, posted a question about it in the Installation section.

ArchiCAD randomly started shutting down, with no warning, no error message, no autosave etc just as you describe. I generated some of my own error reports which got sent through to Hungary and they reported a problem with my graphics card driver - it was actually too up-to-date and i had to downgrade it.
If you havent got the latest update for your graphics card i would update it and if you have, try downgrading back a version, worked a treat for me.

HTH,
Richard.
Anonymous
Not applicable
rfoxley wrote:
Steve,

sounds like a similar problem to one i had very recently, posted a question about it in the Installation section.

ArchiCAD randomly started shutting down, with no warning, no error message, no autosave etc just as you describe. I generated some of my own error reports which got sent through to Hungary and they reported a problem with my graphics card driver - it was actually too up-to-date and i had to downgrade it.
If you havent got the latest update for your graphics card i would update it and if you have, try downgrading back a version, worked a treat for me.

HTH,
Richard.

I'm pretty sure it was just a corrupt text block..... it happens...

thanks
andrewzarb
Booster
It's very sad when it happens, I always tell people that it's a good habit to save often. I learned that before ArchiCAD had autosave, when I lost about six hours Work!

Since then I've always saved, anytime I get up from my desk, I save, anytime someone asks me a question, I save anytime I know my hands will be away from the mouse form half a minute, I save.

Autosave is good but you can't always rely on it, unfortunately.

So, save whenever you think about it.