Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Impossible to rotate a complex profile?

Kamelite
Advocate
I've made a shape based on a complex profile that is supposed to be Attached to a roof, With the same angle as the roof. But I find it impossible to rotate? The PetPallete that pops up gives me the opportunity to move or stretch my "wall"

Any solutions?

.Thag
Windows 10, Archicad 27
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use your profile as BEAM if you need to rotate it.
Barry Kelly
Or convert it to a morph and rotate in any direction you want as well as being able to edit the end angles amongst other things.
You can always save it back as an object if you don't want it to remain a morph.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Kamelite
Advocate
andro55 wrote:
Use your profile as BEAM if you need to rotate it.
Worked like a charm 🙂

Thnx.
Windows 10, Archicad 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would this also work where you have a frieze, crown and fascia board with a ogee gutter on it?

I had planned to make the profile of the whole cornice piece and run it around the house. Where I was worried about it is when I use the same profile but without the gutter up along the face of a gable.

I am always finding situations I have a hard time dealing with in AC because I do traditional high end residential homes. Stylistic homes like Italianate, Craftsman, Tudor etc etc that are architecturally correct, not just correct in theory and a builder makes it sort of look like a style.