cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Inset Door Handle W/O Custom Leaf

jaswrigh
Booster

Trying to accurately model an Emtek inset door handle without having to do a custom leaf with a cutout because we have a variety of door conditions and the handle locations vary. 

I have tried by shortening the depth of the handle so it appears to be a surface mount but wanted to know if there were already solutions to inset handles without having to create custom door leafs. 

jaswrigh_2-1692894649424.png

https://www.emtek.com/all-products/door-hardware/sliding-door-hardware/flush-pulls/rectangular-pull/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

If your handle is built out a little, it will give the illusion of being recessed.

This is a default handle in the Archicad library.

BarryKelly_0-1692929548020.png

I am not sure the way that the standard doors are scripted, that the handle will cut the door panel if it was deeper.

I am assuming you have already tried and it doesn't.

If you are prepared to place every handle independently, then you can add a little script to the handle object that will allow it to be used in a Solid Element Operation (subtract).

I won't go into details as you probably won't want to place each handle separately.

If you do and you have scripted the handle, I can tell you what to do.

Personally, I just show the handle flush with the door (or slightly built out as in the image above), but I am not worried about super accurate 3D views or renders or details of the handles.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Barry Kelly

If your handle is built out a little, it will give the illusion of being recessed.

This is a default handle in the Archicad library.

BarryKelly_0-1692929548020.png

I am not sure the way that the standard doors are scripted, that the handle will cut the door panel if it was deeper.

I am assuming you have already tried and it doesn't.

If you are prepared to place every handle independently, then you can add a little script to the handle object that will allow it to be used in a Solid Element Operation (subtract).

I won't go into details as you probably won't want to place each handle separately.

If you do and you have scripted the handle, I can tell you what to do.

Personally, I just show the handle flush with the door (or slightly built out as in the image above), but I am not worried about super accurate 3D views or renders or details of the handles.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11