Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Intersection and priorities in complex profiles

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to get some mouldings to intersect properly but im having trouble with "T" shaped intersections.

Do comlex profiles behave the same way as composite walls regarding skin priorities?

I made a little test profile just fot the sake of example, see the picture below.

-the reference lines are touching
-the brick skin priority is set to 0
-the brown skin priority is set to 6

And still, the skins are not intersecting properly at the "T" junction.

I searched the forums for a similar situation but couldnt find it.

Is there something I missed?

intersection.JPG
23 REPLIES 23
Karl Ottenstein
Kevin wrote:
Maybe there are suggestions to accomplish my goal. I was trying to create the complex profile to have the top and bottom plates appear within the wall cavity once a section cut is created and opened. I recognize that this detail can be easily added manually, but I was trying to see if it could be automatically generated.
This ia a pretty standard thing to do ... and there are posts with illustrations of how to accomplish it on these forums if you search. Perhaps you could post the profile you have that is causing problems?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Kevin Motyka
Participant
Karl,

I have attached a file of three different scenarios.

The left most wall is with three fills in the complex profile. This cleans up very nicely on the floor plan in 2D.

The middle wall uses two addition fills within the core BUT does not clean up in the plan. It also requires additional lines to be added in section details.

The right wall uses numerous fills within the core to achieve all the lines that would be ideal in a section cut. This option, however, does not work in the plan view. You can see my results on the "Complex Profiles.jpg" image.

Kevin
Kevin Motyka
Participant
I wanted to update my post today.

For some reason when I open the file today, the Complex Profile of the wall cleans up in plan just as I wanted. I am a happy camper!

The results are from the most desired section of the wall which shows the skins for each of the gyp bd and the top and bottom plates including the "x" symbol.

I am not sure what happened today, but nonetheless it works.

Thank you to all who helped out!

Kevin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there...

I have read this post and started playing with the Complex Profile wall priorities and are sad to say the the priorities has absolutely no effect in 3D.

Image one: Floor Plan View

This shows the floor plan view, in which i used 4 different options.
A: Looks perfect on floor plan, but no success in 3D
B&C: even though i changed the priorities it has no change in 3D
D: I did the option of splitting the small outside up stand into two pieces, yet got no difference.

Image two: 3D View

This shows the 3D of all options

Image three: Bottom view

Now here something funny happens. the bottom should actually look the same as the top. but it only shows one profile crossing.

Maybe in 13 we will see some changes in the custom profiler????