BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is it possible to hide the stairs numeration and descriptions of the stairs on the floor above

Isaac Newton
Enthusiast

Good time of the day, gentlemen

I'd like to ask you, please, whether it's possible to turn off the display of stairs numeration and description on the floor above. I have the display of the stairs set for all relevant floors in my case. I also have another run of stairs above the previous one. The stairs that lead to the next floor are shorter than the stairs from the floor below. Therefore the numeration and description from the previous stairs shows through the new one, and makes both texts unitelligible

This is what it looks like:

IsaacNewton_0-1680701582606.png

While this is what I need it to look like:

IsaacNewton_1-1680701978335.png

But in the same time I need the stairs that come from the floor below to display the numeration and description, only on the floor below, like this:

IsaacNewton_2-1680702191647.png

Nevertheless, so far I managed only to remove the numeration and description on both floors, and the floor below now looks like this:

IsaacNewton_3-1680702347973.png

Could you please help me to achieve the desired result?

7 REPLIES 7
BrunoH
Expert

Stair.png

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey
Miha_M
Advisor

You can control general stair display options via the Model View Options interface.

Miha_M_0-1680708759116.png

If you have stairs one on top of the other and you need to display different parts then you need to tweak the stair settings. There are many selectioin options you can set there, maybe reading the Help pages would give you some ideas. Most important are the basic floor plan view settings here:

Miha_M_1-1680709080504.png

and here:

Miha_M_2-1680709239137.png

For hiding some parts of the below stair you will most likely need to have some fills active for covering anything that is under the stair.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Thank you! But this would hide the numeration and description only on the irrelevant floors. Both below and above floors are considered relevant by ArchiCAD though. Say, for an instance, the stairs that lead from the ground floor to the first floor would be displayed on both ground and first floors if I pick "display on all the relevant floors" option in plan settings:

IsaacNewton_0-1680761495375.png

In fact, in this case, there is no this option that you have suggested of whether to display or not the numeration on the non relevant floors:

IsaacNewton_1-1680761693628.png

There is also no this option if I pick "display on the host floor only and the floor above":

IsaacNewton_2-1680761808945.png

IsaacNewton_3-1680761827312.png

This option only appears when I pick "display on all the relevant floors and one floor above":

IsaacNewton_4-1680761952311.pngIsaacNewton_5-1680761978044.png

But in this case it would simply display the stairs still with numeration on ground and first floor, and in addition on the second floor, but without the numeration

Thank you! But unfortunately as far as I can tell there are no settings there that would allow me to achieve the desired effect. I'll reffer you, if I may, to the answer that I've given to @BrunoH concerning his suggestion. This is the problem that I'm having

Does that mean though, that the only option in this case is to cover the stairs below with the fill in the non BIM way?

BrunoH
Expert

Now if I understand well, do you want to achieve something like that ?

I draw the two stairs with different colours and the numberings on the opposite sides for understanding.

Stair 1.jpg

Stair 2.jpg

To do that you'll have to edit the blue stair symbol on edit mode on my corresponding level 2 and drag his cutting line to the top of the red one.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

No, no, not exactly. That's what it looks like in 3D:

IsaacNewton_0-1680785220949.png

So, what I want is that on the first floor I could see only the numbering and the description text of the stairs that connect the frist floor with the second floor, and just the geometery of the stairs that connect the ground floor and the first floor. There shouldn't be any numbering and description text of the stairs that connect the ground floor and the first floor on the first floor, because it overlaps with the numbering and description text of the stairs that connect the first floor and the second floor.

But, in the same time, when I open the ground floor, I want to see the numbering and the description text of the stairs that conect the ground floor to the first floor.

That's the problem here

Miha_M
Advisor

I think this should be possible with the stair floor plan settings, but you would need to define each stair in a different way. If I may, I also suspect you might have too many steps without a landing on the ground floor. Our national regulation doesn't allow this many. Check yours.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Learn and get certified!