Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is there a quick way to edit the text of existing labels?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Currently, I find myself having to:

1) Shift-RightClick the label
2) Click "Select and activate tool" from the popup menu
3) Click the text
4) Drag-select the text to be replaced (or press Ctrl-A for "Select All")
5) Finally, I can start typing!

It would be great to be able to just Shift-DoubleClick the text for the text to be highlighted ready for immediate replacement.

Is there a quick way like this?
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
For Editing text blocks and labels:

– OptionClick on one text block or label to switch to that tool. OR, faster: create a keyboard shortcut to activate the tool.

– Select All - all texts or labels get selected once you've activated the specific tool.

– TripleClick the text or labeltext of the first label or block to select all of the existing letters in that element. [DoubleClick for an individual word]

– Begin typing or pasting. It replaces automatically.

– CommandEnter will close that label or text block.

– Move on to another one since they are all selected already.

This method speeds you up a lot since selecting tiny labels or text blocks individually gets tedious.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight - that works a lot better!

I'll now get all my labels in place first, and modify the text later in a batch.

I'll add that once all the labels are all selected (Ctrl-A), a QuadClick on a text block selects ALL the text in the label for instant replacing. (Which is really just a click to invoke the text editor, followed be a tripleClick to select all text in the block). Or alternatively, for the RSI-averse, a click followed by Ctrl-A does the same thing.