Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Lining existing walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to work out the best way of adding lining to an existing brick wall, and was wondering if any body has a good solution for it. Here's what I've tried:

Option 1) Make a composite wall for the lining, and run this alongside whatever existing walls I need to.

Problems: Have to make empty window/door holes to line up with any windows/doors in the existing wall.

Option 2) Make a new composite wall for each existing wall + lining, and apply this to which ever existing walls need new lining.

Problems: On the sort of work we do, existing walls can vary hugely, so I might end up with 10 or so 'existing + lining' composite walls.

Option 3) Wall accessories tool. Problems: can't use composite fills on the accessory wall, doesn't always operate as expected.

Option 1 is nearly what I'd like to be able to do, which is add a lining, on a separate layer from the existing wall. If only I could get the windows/doors to cut a hole through both of the walls, then this would work.

Any other ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom

This was discussed here a while back. Don't know that it was actually resolved. I still like my idea of composites you can vary the thickness of with the normal wall settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
profile walls in 10?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Stuart,
I've gone and had a look. A shame there's no real solution at the moment. I like your idea though.

Cheers,
Tom