cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Loss of basic shortcut keys

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

Setup first:

Archicad 13 latest
Mac Pro
OSX 10.6.3

For the last few months I have had a recurring daily problem with the most basic shortcuts - space, shift, alt and cmd.
I leave the machine on overnight (in sleep mode) with a teamwork file open (my machine is actually the BIM Server as well).
When I start work on it in the morning these basic shortcuts have stopped working in the drawing window. However, shift for example, still works in the navigator window.
The only solution is a complete restart of the machine, quitting Archicad alone does not solve it.
These shortcuts work fine in every other application I have.

The only thing that has changed in my setup over the past few months is a daily backup schedule of the BIM Server, which involves the scripts here www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/Backup#A_cold_database_backup
and Retrospect to backup the necessary folders. This happens between 9.30 and and 10am.

Graphisoft have been unable to replicate this and have closed the ticket, so any thoughts appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
schagemann
Enthusiast
g'day,

although this post is already old - we seem to now experience the same problem very frequently on a similar setup:

mc os 10.6.4 or 10.6.5 (some with the latest apple JAVA update others without)
archicad 13 / AUS3826
bim server

some of our users loose the following keys...

mainly shift and/or command

for others the screen does not refresh on either panning or zooming in or out.

any thoughts appreciated.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have since discovered that if I lose use of the keys and Firefox is running I just quite Firefox and the keys return.
I can then restart Firefox with no problems.
Seems to happen only if you start Archicad AFTER Firefox (say, in the morning), so I try to always start Archicad first then start Firefox.

Hope this helps.