Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Lots of hangs in 966

Are any other Mac people getting a LOT of rainbow ball since updating?

I'm getting a 30-second hang whenever I

• Switch from another app to AC,

• Let the screen (not the machine) go to sleep, and then wake it up,

• Paste between windows.

Big productivity hit.

...well, it seems to be confined to one file, but that file was definitely OK before.

James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
14 REPLIES 14
SeaGeoff
Ace
James wrote:
[IMO I could manage mounting my own servers, in exchange for AC not going catatonic whenever it thinks about libraries.
I agree completely. I take my PowerBook home and ArchiCAD tries to mount the office file server. At least it gives up quicker now. With AC8 I had to force quit
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Barry Kelly
Geoff wrote:
I take my PowerBook home and ArchiCAD tries to mount the office file server. At least it gives up quicker now. With AC8 I had to force quit
What, with a bucket of cold water?
Sorry I couldn't resist that one.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Rick Thompson
Expert
James wrote:

I think I've got it. It's our old friend "DisableCrossPlatformMountingFeatures" again.

I recall in beta there was a version that would start 'looking up' stuff when you switched back to AC, and the DCPMF was the culprit there. Rick, this might be the cause of your files' confusion about whether their external links are OK or not.
I think(???) I made the appropriate change, at least when I open the plist file I did find "DisableCrossPlatformMountingFeatures" within the text.. however, I just opens a project, re-updated the files from the external detail file.. but reopen the same file and I get the same details "need" updating... sooooo.. argggg

I have noticed one commonality as to which of the details it wants to update (it doesn't mark them all), but just the details that have a dash in front of them... like -Fdn10pour. Perhaps a bad way to organize the names, but I have not had an issue before (the dash grouped a detail type). If I removed the dash, then I would now have to go back and.. arrggg again. The details that start with a "=" or a "_" don't have the same issue. Maybe best to just ignore the update call.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Djordje
Virtuoso
Geoff wrote:
I agree completely. I take my PowerBook home and ArchiCAD tries to mount the office file server.
Hope that both are in heat ...

OK, bad joke.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Rick wrote:
just the details that have a dash in front of them... like -Fdn10pour.
Will wonders never cease.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info