cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

MAC - undo and redo

Anonymous
Not applicable
All my MAC programs use the Comd–z for undo and Comd-Shift –z for redo.

I would like to know why AC uses control –z and Control-Option-z. Is there a reason?
And then the program does not let me change these defaults . I save them but then nothing happens.
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
albert

i am using archicad 8.1 and have just set the keyboard shortcuts to undo using 'Cmd-Shift-Z'.

no problem. it works just fine. i haven't got any lower versions on my computer to try, so can't comment for 6/6.5/7/8.0.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adalbert wrote:
All my MAC programs use the Comd–z for undo and Comd-Shift –z for redo.

I would like to know why AC uses control –z and Control-Option-z. Is there a reason?
And then the program does not let me change these defaults . I save them but then nothing happens.
It is and always has been Command-Z and Command-Option-Z by default in ArchiCAD When you reassign the shortcut are you hitting the 'Apply' button in the keyboard shortcut dialog?