Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

MEP Questions

Presently, I am working extensively with MEP and I would like to post these questions to get some help.
1. Working with the CLASH Detection, it highlights sections where I can find no clash at all, however, in the same area, there is an observable detection that the program did not pick up. How reliable is this CLASH detection feature?
2. Is there a source of additional library parts, commercially available or not for the Plumbing, ductwork systems?
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Conrado,

The clash on the left, with the blue pipe, if the pipe is only going through the insulation around the grey round pipe, than I've noticed that MEP doesn't consider this a clash.

The clash on the right I wonder if there is a wall or other 3D element that is on a non-visible layer which is occupying the same space.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Thanks Erika,

I have no insulation added to the pipes, so I'll keep looking for other issues.

Also, I have no hidden layers with walls or other items. I will look carefully to see if the pipes are connected properly.

I find MEP a little bit finicky. The editing in 3D is hard, or perhaps I need more practice.

Thanks for the response
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Anonymous
Not applicable
Conrado wrote:
I find MEP a little bit finicky. The editing in 3D is hard, or perhaps I need more practice.
Practice certainly helps but it is a bit fussier than it should be (and more so than in AC14).

It seems that they've messed up the coordinates palette behavior a bit and along with it editing library parts in 3D has become more troublesome. (The MEP bits are basically enhanced library parts.) I have reported the problem and as far as I know they are working on it. I think it is due to the new 3D edit plane.

When a part is misbehaving try moving the user origin (shift + option/alt) or changing the 3D working plane. I have found when trying to move a fitting such as a TEE or a valve up and down a pipe it will sometimes behave very badly (seeming not ot move or jumping wildly up and down the pipe) until I switch the edit plane to horizontal and it returns to the proper (default AC14) behavior.