Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mac OS X Keyboard problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to be revisiting this post, but I recently upgraded to a G-5, Mac OSX 10.3.8, Archicad 9 (2018) and am having the same keyboard shortcut problems many have had (holding shift key does not allow multiple selection, command key no longer functions as trim too, shift key no longer constrains lines, etc.). I have found out the porblem goes away when you reboot, but returns if you hide Archicad, work in another program and switch back to Archicad (not quiting or closing Archicad, in some case not hiding it at all).

I read past posts, but never saw a real solution. Can anyone help?

I am using a modified US porfile that was same as previous machine.

Thanks,

Rip Weaver, ASLA
Town Lnadscape Architect
Town of Mt Laurel
Mac OSX 10.3.8
G-5/1.8 Ghz/1 meg ram
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've seen someone mention CAPS LOCK before in similar situation. Does this do it? (and, just quietly, check your signature...)

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also check your default work/preferences and set it for your type of environment (standard 9 US, etc...)
Anonymous
Not applicable
More info-

When I have another program open (like Entourage, PlotMaker, anything) it happens. The program is open, hidden, not hidden-- no diff-- Archicad's keyboard shortcuts do not work. When all program(s) is/are closed, it does not happen, and the shortcuts work fine.

Settings are fine. Archicad Tech support-- HELP!

Rip Weaver
G-5/1.8 ghz/1 meg ram/Mac OSX 10.3.8
Archicad 9 latest build
Anonymous
Not applicable
More info---

seems this problem only occurs when a Microsoft app is open (Entourage, Excel, Word). I have not been able to duplicate the problem with other programs open.

Any ideas?

Rip Weaver
G-5/Mac OSX 10.3.8/1 gig ram
Archicad 9 latest build
Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I the only one with this problem?????

Rip Weaver
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rip wrote:
Am I the only one with this problem?????

Rip Weaver
I think so. I regularly keep entourage, excel, safari and ichat open throughout the day, and have not had any problems with my keyboard shortcuts.

We used to use quickeys before AC9 and having it open will interfere with archicad's shortcuts. No need for quickeys anymore. Thanks GS!
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Rip,

You indicate in your signature that your system is 10.3.8. Can you double-check that? The problem you describe was a system bug in up to version 10.3.4, fixed in 10.3.5 and above.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Rip,

What happens if ArchiCAD is started later than Entourage? We suspect that maybe MS applications 'steal' our shortcuts, but it might be prevented if ArchiCAD is started later than the MS apps.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gergley-

It happens regardless of when the MS ap is opened. I agree that it is "stealing" the shortcuts-- has anyone else recognised this problem?

Rip