Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Magic wand appears, but doesn't work

I have recently started getting weird behavior with the Magic Wand. If I press the space bar, the Magic Wand icon appears, but clicking on, or within a fill edge or polyline, say, doesn't produce any effect at all. If I choose the Magic Wand from the Control Box, though, it works as expected. I don't have any other programs running in the background that would affect this, to my knowledge. Any ideas?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Richard:

I don't have a solution, but here is a thread with the same issue, different OS: My magnet stopped working.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Thanks, David. But in this case, misery does NOT love company! I might add that Desktop computer with Win8 works fine. The offender is a laptop with Win7 (64-bit).
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to step on your thread but since your issue is also Magic Wand related, I've recently switched from a wired keyboard to wireless on my Mac Pro. Magic wand with space bar now does not work. I've looked all over keyboard shortcut settings and can't even find a setting for that. I've been on ArchiCAD for years and feel a bit dim witted for not finding a fix on this...ideas?
Dontknow
Enthusiast
'Magic Wand Settings' under 'Options'?
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.