Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Manually key in values into tracker or coordinates pallet

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC17/Mavericks, I'm having lots of issues with key entry. In 15, I could start an action with a move tool then hit R and manually type in the value to the coordinates pallet.

Now in 17 the R key does not seem to work, and hitting D to enter a tracker distance is very touchy. The value will highlight and I'll start to type a number, only to have the highlight go away as I'm typing. It also seems like many other keystrokes are sketchy, like tabbing through layered elements and many other keyed actions. Is this some conflict with OS10.9, or is there something I have set wrong?
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
If the tracker is turned on, then it receives your keyboard input. Turning the Tracker off lets the Coordinates palette receive the shortcut keys.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did a little tinkering, and it turns out disabling "prefer polar coordinates in Tracker" and "coordinate shortcuts prefer tracker" solved the input problems.

tabbing through stacked entities still works, only it takes a lot longer for things to register. I just wasn't giving it enough time.