Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mass Renumber of Zone Room Numbers

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Greetings - I don't think this is possible, but it's worth the question:
Is it possible to renumber zone room numbers similarly to how element IDs can be renumbered (using the ID Manager)? Or, is there a tip/trick to pick the zones in the desired order and reassign the room numbers accordingly all at once?

Thanks, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Scott,

strangely enough, this is not possible. However, the Total Zone can show the ID of a Zone. Then you can use this as Zone Number.

To control the order of the ID with the Element ID manager, you need to select the elements (Zones) in the desired order: the first selected will be number 1 the second number 2 and so on and then run the Element ID Manager.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Jeroen!
I enjoy using your Total Zone, and can see the inputs for Zone ID and Room Number in the Total Zone area of the DB, but AFAIK, Zones do not appear in the ID Manager list for reassignment of IDs. Please see the attached screen shot of available tools for ID management. Could you please elaborate how to achieve renumbering ID/Room Numbers using your system? Thanks, Scott
Screen shot 2011-10-18 at 1.31.07 PM.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
sinceV6
Advocate
I will assume you have a very large number of zones to deal with (because of the ID manager auto-renumbering question), and like Master Script said, it's not possible... but just have to double check (and leave the other method here for those who don't know): Have you tried to use a schedule that includes room number? It might not be automatic, but will let you change zone numbers very very fast without having to select each zone and then the info box or tool settings. (just make sure your zone layer is visible and unlocked)

Best regards.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
I tried editing form the zone schedule prior to starting this post. A zone schedule does not permit editing of the zone name or number with all layers unlocked and visible, at least on my system using AC15. Thanks, Scott
Erika Epstein
Booster
Not having a problem changing zone name or number. In your signature you show a non-current build. Have you upgraded?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hey Erika!!!

Thanks for reminding me to update my profile. Yes I do have the latest hotifx.

I can edit other fields within a zone schedule including the room name (I misspoke earlier). The room number is somehow un-editable even though all layers are visible and unlocked. I have experimented using different zone stamps to see if that made a difference, but it does not. The room number can be edited directly from the plan view, but there are hundreds of rooms and that would be time consuming PITA.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Is it just that file?

As I said, I am not having trouble changing any zone parameters in a 15 schedule.

Do you have any legacy elements? Was the project started in an earlier version? If so, were the zone stamps auto-updated to their 15 counterpart? In the past this kind of issue has sometimes caused some problems.

Have you tried a new and reset?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Now I am at a loss (hope it's not early old-timers disease).

To answer your question, this project was started in AC15 using Eric's AMT. The only other relevant info is that I have been using the MasterScript Total Zone as well as other Cadimage add-ons unrelated to this zone issue.

Per your suggestion I have New & Reset All using the default AC template, created rooms with zones using Zone Identifier 2 15, and a zone schedule. Neither the room number or name can be changed for any zone listed in the zone schedule. All layers are visible and unlocked.
sinceV6
Advocate
Something must be wrong. I've never had any issues doing this and I use it all the time because is fast (I only wish AC would let you have floor plan and schedule side by side when editing... )

Are you trying to schedule and change the room number IN the zone stamp? I was referring to the room number of the zone tool settings. While the other thing can be done (schedule a gdl parameter and change it through a schedule, sometimes it can lead to problems), its easier to schedule and change any blue parameters available in the list, as those are top level tools settings that go into scripts (zone stamps in this case). So it might be happening that the zone stamp is reading the room number from the zone tool settings and doesn't allow you to change it manually...

Hope to hear you solved it! I guess you would have finish doing it by hand by now
Best regards.