Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Master plan outlines in perspective view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I often saw that in some urban design perspective views the master plan appears in lines and above are the simple colored building volumes. I wonder if archicad can do this, i.e show the master plan in lines (without modeling but as if putting the 2D master on floor)?

Thanks in avance.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure. The easiest way is to use a PDF or TIFF of the master plan as a material texture and assign that material to a big ground slab or terrain mash.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Sure. The easiest way is to use a PDF or TIFF of the master plan as a material texture and assign that material to a big ground slab or terrain mash.
Thanks a lot.

I've suceed to put the plan on the slab. But I find it difficult to control the scale. Should the slab be the same size of the image in PDF / tiff or inverse or the 2 should match exactly?

The resolution is not good : how many does one assign in order to get a nice image ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
spacytime wrote:
...But I find it difficult to control the scale. Should the slab be the same size of the image in PDF / tiff or inverse or the 2 should match exactly?

The resolution is not good : how many does one assign in order to get a nice image ?
I've found part of the solution : for the scale, one should mesure the size of the terrain (XY) and when you save it as a texture, choose 1x1 and put the dimension XY.

As for the resolution, save the view in pdf in format A0 and open it in photoshop and save it in JPEC with at lease half the size with the same resolution.

You go back to AC and choose this texture for the slab. It apperas in openGL and you can put your volumes in axono. top view.

But I haven't find out how to coincide the texture plan with my master plan. When you move the slab, the urban view doesn't move...

Anyone know the solution?
Dwight
Newcomer
The "Align 3D Texture" Command
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
The "Align 3D Texture" Command
Cool, I've made it !

Thanks a lot Dwight