Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Materials and Door schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whike working up a door schedule I began to wonder if there were downloads or other so there were more materials to choose from for doors (and of course other objects). I am on AC9 (mac g5 os x) with the library 9. Or is there a simple way to overide the schedule (door and frame NCS) and enter other materials. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
I'm not sure what you're asking. You can create an infinite (well, really a large finite) number of materials in AC and every user should know how to do this. But, you don't seem to be talking about rendering ... or are you?

If you are just talking about the text that appears in a schedule and not the appearance in 3D or rendering, then you can use a User Defined field and type anything to your heart's content.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bare w me here, I've only been using AC for 2 months. So. . .for example you have the door tool selected and you select the material box, this gives a list of materials, my list is aged copper to zinc(which then is interactive in the scedule). Can this list be expanded upon so the scedule has more options. I have not gotten to rendering materials yet but would love to hear of good sources for materials. Thank you for your help.
__archiben
Booster
Hmidd wrote:
Bare w me here, I've only been using AC for 2 months. So. . .for example you have the door tool selected and you select the material box, this gives a list of materials, my list is aged copper to zinc(which then is interactive in the scedule). Can this list be expanded upon so the scedule has more options. I have not gotten to rendering materials yet but would love to hear of good sources for materials. Thank you for your help.
both the tool settings dialogue and the schedule (and much more) get their materials (and pens, layers, combination, etc, etc.) from the file's 'attributes'. these attributes can be browsed, basically modified, and transferred from and to other files using the 'attribute manager' (Options>Attribute Manager...) so: the same materials selected for doors, walls, whatever are used for rendering, scheduling and any other materials related operation.

pens, colours, lines, fills, composites, materials, zones and mark-up styles can be created and modified in detail in their relevant settings dialogue found under Options>Attribute Settings>Materials... (for example).

once you've created new materials, etc they will be available in the tool settings, scheduler, etc, etc...

as karl said above, every user should know how to do this. it's not so much basic usage as basic file management - it's really worth reading up on 'attributes' and any associated features in the manual. or better still - get some training!

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK Thanks for the help. Will read up on the attribute manager. . .seems to be what I was looking for.