cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Materials - changing aspects of

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to show hardi cedar shake walls on the ground floor and 4" siding on the upper floor, with some mix and match of corresponding walls for balconies, etc. In the materials settings, I have lowered the aspect ratio's but nothing happens in the 3d picture, they are still showing huge shakes and 1'6 siding planks,

how do I change this setting so that my building has a bit of a delicate look?
6 REPLIES 6
Thomas Holm
Booster
How do you create your 3D picture?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is a gdl 3d model; if I use the Internal Engiine, I get this.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Go back to your material settings, open the lightworks pane and click "Match with Internal Engine". If that doesn't help you'll have to tweak Lightworks' own material settings. Go get Dwight's book!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
great suggestion, I set them to match internal engine....no change here, now am going to read parts of Dwight's book (maybe he will PM me here!) and attempt the delicate look I want. Can't find it in Dwight's book, perhaps you know the page to look on...I seem to be missing something, I am looking at page 102, but that seems to move the camera in and out of the picture in order to change the stucco smoothness/roughness setting...is there another place to look? You spoke as if you know how, are you willing to share?

thank you
Dwight
Newcomer
We worked this out on the phone since Beverly is one of my chums.
Somehow her library images got upscaled.... a 6x8"" image turned into a 6x8' image. Boogles.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since my last post, Dwight Atkinson called me to offer a solution. He mentioned to me that the size of my textures were totally out of wack and that was why I was showing such big shakes and siding. All I needed was a little help, thank you Dwight.

Here is the next rendition in gdl mode.

Dwight also offered an alternate to my garage roof which I have implemented.

I look forward to his next major offering and book tour if something like that is announced here; remembering that he presented his Lightworks seminar in my classroom with 12 attending.

[size=24]
so....THANK YOU DWIGHT FOR BEING THE GURU THAT YOU ARE!!!!![/size]