Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Maybe Silly. Probably not Necessary. Leader Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
So all of a sudden I cannot double click with my arrow tool to get into the modifying text box of the note.

Any ideas?

I don't mean going through the Label Settings dialogue box.

And I CAN double click with in the label to modify the text if I have the Label tool selected.

I used to be able to do that with my arrow tool selected.

So not a big deal. And there are a million ways around it. But still good to know and understand what how things work around here right?
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
The advantage is that if you want to select a number of items that are within a slab or a fill, (and you have magnet ON as I do most of the time) you hold down SHIFT and SPACE and can rubber-band your selection over the items without selecting the slab (or fill) by mistake.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I always have it on too Stuart. I find it much friendlier to use space bar to temporarily disable it than to temporarily enable it. I can't see any benefit of doing it in reverse.

Different horses, I guess....

Cheers,
Link.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Link wrote:
I always have it on too Stuart. I find it much friendlier to use space bar to temporarily disable it than to temporarily enable it. I can't see any benefit of doing it in reverse.
Pre-AC10 and the pre-selection highlight, I used to tell people to keep it off -- we had a lot of slabs and roofs accidentally being erased. Now, I see no reason to turn it off -- my 2 cents.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Bruce
Expert
I'm just the opposite - I hate having all my slabs light up when I move over them. I find it really annoying (and I'm not a horse Link 😉)
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb