cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Merging Walls - Help!!

griggadee
Contributor
Hi folks,

Could you please have a look at the picture attached and tell me how to successfully merge these walls together so that there are no gaps at any point where they join?

I have tried everything but am unable to get a clean join between all three elements.

Thanks,

Paul

Wall Merge Fail.jpg
Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
12 REPLIES 12
griggadee
Contributor
Thanks Laszlonagy.

I have tried this method a few times now and I still don't seem to be able to get the column to cut itself out of the walls. I have even tried it with new plain walls with background fills and yet it doesn't seem to be happening for me. You don't know of any video examples out there do you?

I will try it again soon once I have met my current deadline.

Thanks again,
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
David Maudlin
Rockstar
griggadee wrote:
Anyway, David, I have created the wall composites that you see on the JPEGs and so the problem is not in there as all of the walls feature the same composite, and the 'enable skin properties' box is already ticked. Neither of which seem to sort the problem but thanks anyway.
You also need to adjust the Skin Priority of each skin in the Composite Structure dialog box.

David
Wall_Composite_Structures_db.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
griggadee
Contributor
Bravo David! Spot on mate!

I had prioritised the outer layers before thinking that they would come to the top and show over the insulation but when that didn't work, I foolishly didn't try prioritising the insulation layer over the outer layers! So simple and obvious and yet I completely missed it!

Thank you very very much!
Hey Presto.jpg