cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh levels

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all.
Noob here. I'm creating a mesh of a property and its levels. In the 3D model, the mesh is a massive 30m depth of earth. I do want the Earth solid, but only maybe 2m deeper than the lowest point.
Any help out there for a floundering novice?
Reuben
4 REPLIES 4
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Your pic is very small, but it looks like it is set 'to User Origin' for elevation.

I've attached our settings which may help you out. IIRC meshes generally don't like to have this changed after they are started, so you may have to redo your mesh with less depth.
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've played with it a lot, and its only since putting the elevated contours in that the issues have arisen.
Any slab or mesh is fine, but once I'd elevated the contours to a range of 32m-38m, it insists on keeping all the earth beneath.
I know I can run a solid element operation to hide the greater soil body, but there must be a way to avoid doing a work-around.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, its annoying, but I don't think you can change the overall depth easily. When creating meshes I try to subtract a round number from the contour height, if its going to be too much. So if your contours are 32, 33, and 34 metres, for example, start at 30 as your reference,and just input 2000, 3000 and 4000mm. I think you have to do this when first creating the mesh, though - you can't go back and reduce later.

If it's just in section / elevation that it is an issue (if you're not too worried about 3D views) you can use the "Limited vertical range" option in the section / elevation settings. Just make sure the upper figure is higher than any building element.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't know about the Limited Vertical Range option for sections, so thank you.
I'm still determined to get past this 3D model depth conundrum. Will keep you posted