cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Morph pet palette not giving me the pencil tool

Chris Pooley
Enthusiast

Hi,

I used to be able to do this in A25, for some reason I can not figure this out in 27

I follow the instructions in that video, when I click the morph it just selects the morph, it doesn't give me options.  When I shift + select, it doesn't give me the tools I need to create the hole, see image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvULnFQBei0

In 3D I get all the tools I need, but this means my lines are in arbitrary locations. I really need to do this in my elevation view.

Any guesses as to what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Operating system used: Windows 11

Draw geometry with that line tool - creates 2nd morph, not a hole.pngPet Palette - in 3D only.pngPet Palette - no pencil.pngDraw geometry with that line tool.png
ArchiCAD 19 to 27
Windows 11
15 REPLIES 15
mthd
Ace

@Chris Pooley, to do what you are wanting above, a more simple approach could be to just create a single skin wall and place openings in it and work on it in the 2D elevation window.

I had no major problems creating a morph in the 2D elevation and then putting a hole in it, in the 3D window then editing the shape in the 3D window using AC27. And to keep it orthogonal in a 2D plane by using looking to perpendicular before editing it. 

Keep experimenting you will get what you want in AC27 too.

Morphology has its own peculiar methodology.

AC8.1 - AC28 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Sequoia

It is the line that is selected, but when I hit delete, I loose the whole morph.

When I ctrl + shift select the sub element (rectangle) to create the hole, that is all good, so I know I am doing it right. 

Then the same process for the line, no luck...

Its all good, I cant be having all the random lines, and with the amount of holes I want to create to make the lattice, they will be everywhere and it will make my extrusion operations take ages.

I will just do the method of creating the hole in 3D while the morph is flat, then back to 2D elevation to shape the hole, then repeat 20 (ish) times. Once it is all shaped up, I can just do 1 extrusion operation to give it the volume.

Thanks for helping out everyone.

ArchiCAD 19 to 27
Windows 11

Yes that will work and you can also convert a wall with openings in it to a morph as well if need be.

Cheers !

Create a complex profile beam or wall?

Much easier than a morph.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Chris Pooley
Enthusiast

I had not even considered doing a wall!!!

Thanks both, that is way easier.

ArchiCAD 19 to 27
Windows 11
mthd
Ace

I also tried drawing a 2D morph face with AC28TP in the 3D window and cut a hole in it with the Shoegnome method. I went to edit my morph hole in the 3D window and got the pencil icon and the morph plane turned white and that made it easier to see my editing. 

Looks like a bonus with AC28 ? cool 😎, thank you GS.

Setup info provided by author

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!