cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mouse click inadvertantly changing tools

Anonymous
Not applicable
We just brought a new Intel iMac into the office and have installed ArchiCAD 10 on it (the Intel version, to be sure). We installed SteerMouse as the mouse driver per a recommendation from users on the forums and finally got it to pan in AC.

Now, that my drafter is drafting, the selected tool keeps randomly changing when he left clicks (while de-selecting after drawing something or modifying an item while that tool is selected). When I say random, I mean random. Sometimes it goes from the mesh tool to the dimension tool, or to the section tool to the fill tool. there seems to be no pattern, nor does it happen at every click.

We've looked through every menu on both SteerMouse and in AC, and compared settings on different computers with AC installed that are working fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
siteline wrote:
... the selected tool keeps randomly changing when he left clicks
this may sound like a stupid question, but just to clarify: when you say "selected tool" are you referring to the tool in the 'toolbox' or the 'info box'?

the 'info box' is supposed to display element information about selected elements regardless of the default tool in the 'toolbox'. when there is nothing selected, the info box displays the default settings of the selected tool in the toolbox.

as such, the info box will 'jump around' depending on what's being selected, de-selected, edited or created. it's quite helpful really.

but if your problem is more than that, you might need to provide some more detailed information . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the question.

No, it happens from the tool bar, not from the info box. We select the tool, say the mesh tool, then draw something or select a mesh item and edit it. When we're done drawing, and click out of it, it will jump to another tool (without selecting something else, either).