cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Utility for Units' Areas, Sorted Numbering Sequence and other data

_c_
Enthusiast

Hello,

I have now wrapped some of my own data management scripts for Archicad into a usable interface and will soon make it available:

Screenshot 2024-07-28 at 08.03.14.png

This Python utility streamlines some tasks that are very time consuming in Archicad, such as:

• Calculate Units' areas and load in each room a selected property with the sum. Once this is done, you can display the areas of the units on the drawing using a simple label with auto-text. In the German version there is a complex extension for unit management using GDL, but it's very cumbersome. The main task here was to avoid GDL altogether and implement a solution using only standard properties.
  • Create Numbering Sequences with maximal flexibility and minimal interface. The task here was to create any sort of sorting and restart the numbering at will: for example, sort by Building > Floor > Unit and restart the numbering at each unit. Again, my main need was to bypass GDL parameters and use only properties (as this is not possible with the Element ID Manager).
  • Other Data Tools, such as copy values from one property to another, or changing the property status. Things I happened to need at one point and that turned out to be cumbersome manually.

If you are interested, you can test the beta version of CBM-Data Manager (currently Mac only, a Windows build will follow soon), please write me at info at cad-bim-manager.com. I am thankful for any help in this sense.

The tester who contribute to the debugging will obviously receive a free licence when finished. 

Here an example of the Numbering Sequence in action (gif):

ac_data_sort.gif

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 13.6.6 (22G630)

_c_
0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author