cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Do not include 'extra sheets' in my total sheets

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way of doing this?

I have 20+ sheets setup in my drawing template all with their correct numbering and settings. (floor plans, elevations, section, framing, etc. etc.) On my initial output, I only usually use 3-6 of those sheets, (floor plans & elevations). On my Master layout, I have the 'Total Sheets' listed to show the '1 of 6', '2 of 6' and so on... But on my initial output, it shows '1 of 21' and '3 of 21'.

Up until now, I have just simply been deleting those extra sheets so that there are only 6 sheets in the whole thing, thus providing the '2 of 6', etc... BUT - when I want to take it to the next step, I have to add those sheets back in and ensure that the settings are all correct.

How do I make those 'extra sheets' be discluded from my total number of sheets? I have tried the 'Do not include this sheet....', I have tried changing the master layout, I have tried the 'Continue the Drawing Sequence....' none of which changes that total pages of 20 or so.

Can anyone give me a simple fix on this one? I thought I read on here at one time someone not using the 'Total Number of Sheets' and instead using a different auto field for their total number of sheets, but now I can't find it.

AC10 v1010
6 REPLIES 6
Brad Elliott
Booster
As far as I know there is no simple way to do this. It is high on my wish list. I think I saw somewhere about using jpegs for the sheet count but I haven't attempted it.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Rakela Raul
Participant
i thought i can fix that using , under the layout settings "do not include this layout in ID sequence".
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rakela, No - I have not yet found a way around this problem using that checkbox.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought maybe putting unwanted layouts in another folder might have done it, but, NO. It counts ALL layouts, even if subset is checked as "Do not include..." A mistake in my opinion.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The problem is that GS has not given us the autotext option for 'Total number of layouts in Subset'.

There's no easy way to do it unless you want to perform a somewhat manual and long-winded workaround like the one here.

It should reference the Layout Number ref, BTW, not the Layout ID ref.

Cheers,
Link.
Eduardo Rolon
Fixed in AC21, 10 years later.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator