Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Moving CAD Details from VectorWorks to AC10 mod file

Anonymous
Not applicable
The key to success was the software package, QuicKeys http://www.quickeys.com . It only took me a few hours to learn the features, immediately I set-up a huge 90 step Short-cut.

The task at hand was the export and conversion of 1,470 VectorWorks CAD drawings into AC module files. A daunting task at first sight. Doing it by hand involved the 90 steps over and over for all of the drawing files. I averaged about 2 to 3 minutes per file when doing the process by hand, often I made omissions or mistakes, was getting a headache and estimated that the whole process would take someone several weeks. Can you say carpal tunnel syndrome?

The QuicKeys script I custom created ran through the steps in about 40 sec. Each. The screen flashed as dialog boxes opened and shut, menus popped down, buttons were selected at top speed. It finished the job after running non-stop for 16 hours.

If you have any type of repetitive task you do each day, or once in a while... I strongly recommend this fine software. It turns your computer into a robot. It also works perfectly within ArchiCAD.

I did all of this work with the free demo, when my 30 days are up I will gladly purchase QuicKeys.

Mark
3 REPLIES 3
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Burginger wrote:
The key to success was the software package, QuicKeys http://www.quickeys.com/
Thanks Mark, but the URL needs the "." to open.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Aussie John
Newcomer
was this something applescript couldnt do?
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
For most users, I am sure that Quikeys is easier to comprehend, use and implement. I just played with Applescript and I could only see where it recognizes the finder environment, it didn't record within the application.

The debuger in Quikeys is very helpful. Give it a try and let us know your thoughts.