cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Moving a Building

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey. Can I move a building, including all stories and roofs, at once? I need to move a detached garage relative to the principal building. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Thomas Holm
Booster
marquee tool, the THICK option, selects on all stories at once. But backup your file beforehand.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
with some well placed 'landmarks' you could also do the operation in the 3D window.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Also, remember to turn on ALL layers before moving it. I've done this before and only realized later that I left behind text, zones, gutters, hidden 3D operators, etc.
This is also great for adjusting building dimensions late in the design. I recently found a problem where my masonry building was 1 inch off of the 8-inch masonry module. I could just see the mason cutting the edge off of hundreds of blocks. I was nearly done with CDs, and I was able to stretch EVERYTHING 1 inch. No problem!
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your quick and helpful replies, but so far no joy. I make the heavier marquee around my garage, then go to "edit/select all in marquee", and then do the move. Only the active floor moves.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Another thing that could be holding it up is locked layers. So, you have to turn all layers on, unlock all layers, use the double-marquee, THEN move. I don't think I missed anything. Can't imagine why it wouldn't work.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't need to select items within the marquee (this will only select the current storey), just stretch. You can either do this with the Edit> Reshape > Stretch command or just click on any node and stretch will start, then move in the direction you want and enter your distance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it, thanks a bunch!