cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mulled-looking windows with multiple individual units?

I need to do a triple double-hung window that looks like they were mulled with thick mullions. (approximately 4" wide). Would look like the attached, with a single surrounding trim. My client wants these to be scheduled as individual window units, however. I can get the "look" I'm after with a Real Doors & Windows library part, but this would show up in the schedule as a single unit. Ganging them with standard AC library part schedules correctly, but the mullions are too small, and the casings are a mess. Other than some kludge like extra "fake" windows on a separate level, or doing an empty cased surround opening with a small infill panel with the individual units, am I missing a sane way to do this so that it schedules correctly?

Individual windows.jpg
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried using the AWS Smart Window tool ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLdThRT5PmA
Gareth wrote:
Have you tried using the AWS Smart Window tool ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLdThRT5PmA
Thanks, Gareth. This is an amazing tool that I didn't know about, but I'm not sure how it helps me get individual unit labels.
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is an amazing tool and its free.

Not sure how to apply it to yourcase but I figured you are smarter than me and would find a way...!

I had a quick look at it but stumbled at the casings similarly to how you described.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you manage to find an easy way to do this?
I tried with a column and individual windows, but the cills are trimmed by the wall and leave the reveal distance blank.

In the end I made the frame to the mullion side half the width of the mullion wider and stuck a column over the top to give a deeper internal profile.
Gadget wrote:
Did you manage to find an easy way to do this?
Yes, I found a VERY easy way to do this. I did the project in Chief Architect.
Richard
You may want to put doors or windows in the baseboard with casings you need for inside, or in the frieze board for outside. ?
I use pre-modeled assemblies of complex profiles for so many things like that so I can get exactly what I want in the schedules.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Steve wrote:
You may want to put doors or windows in the baseboard with casings you need for inside, or in the frieze board for outside. ?
I use pre-modeled assemblies of complex profiles for so many things like that so I can get exactly what I want in the schedules.
Steve,
I'm not sure I'm following this idea, but it sounds promising. Are you suggesting that you put DUPLICATE windows for scheduling into a secondary complex profile wall like the baseboard? So then these would be turned off in elevation views but would still output to the schedule?
Richard
Brad Elliott
Booster
I have done this with Real Doors and windows as individual units. The exterior windows have the trim to the proper width and the interior (or center) window to the typically wider width. If the extra line bothers you make the center window trim fractionally thicker to hide.
Alternatively couldn't you provide a multiple windows x-size note in the schedule? So the schedule shows the three windows and the overall size which can be very helpful and the notes say 3-2-0x3-4 double hung mull on site. Or something to that effect. I have done that for window issues as well.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro