Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

NEED HELP...ArchiCAD 6.0 Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi i'm new here. I have a question that i hope someone will be able to answer for me. I have ArchiCAD 6.0 and i was wondering if ArchiCAD 8.0 is much different? The reason i'm asking is because i need to know how to use ArchiCAD, and i want to purchase a step by step guide. I can't find anything on ArchiCAD 6.0 as its old and i was wondering if 8.0 will be helpful to me?

If it is can anyone suggest a book that will help me learn the program.
I studied it in University a few years ago but i honestly can not remember very well.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Julie
Xamp Designs
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
Julesinozz wrote:
Hi i'm new here. I have a question that i hope someone will be able to answer for me. I have ArchiCAD 6.0 and i was wondering if ArchiCAD 8.0 is much different? The reason i'm asking is because i need to know how to use ArchiCAD, and i want to purchase a step by step guide. I can't find anything on ArchiCAD 6.0 as its old and i was wondering if 8.0 will be helpful to me?
After 6.0, the next major revision was 6.5, then 7.0, 8.0, 8.1 and now 9.0. Indeed, 8.0 is substantially different from 6.0 and you would get quite confused I think trying to learn to use 6.0 with an 8.0 book.

There was a 6.5 "training guide" ... which would probably be helpful. Maybe there was a 6.0 version too? Perhaps someone on this list from Australia has an old copy they would be willing to send you... Have you contacted your local reseller?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Julesinozz wrote:

If it is can anyone suggest a book that will help me learn the program.
I studied it in University a few years ago but i honestly can not remember very well.

Julie,

if you are really interested, please contact your local Archicad dealer: www.graphisoft.com.au

ArchiCAD 9.0 (the current version) is so different from 6.0 that I can hardly begin to describe it... and it is a progressive difference... you need to see it. (I've been involved with ArchiCAD since version 3.X in 1987)

I probably have tutorials from 6.0 and if you email me I'll look for them; but, bite your lip, put up with a sales call, contact your local reseller and look at 9.0. I really don't think it will be so hard to do. Hey, I'll book a trip to Austrailia and take you to dinner if you contact the dealer and think ArchiCAD 9.0 is way advanced from 6.0 and it was a complete waste of time!

Also, go to http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ , Take a look at 9.0!

Woody
ricki-fritz
Booster
I have an ArchiCAD 6.5 Step-By-Step CD together with 6.5 Demo version. Comes with Tutorial PDF file (5MB) & sample ArchiCAD PLN files (75MB).

The Step-By-Step Tutorial is by ArchVIEW - that same people who have done the latest Training Guide for version 9. Good explanations.

Should cover the features found in 6.

Let me know if you want the PDF (hope that doesn't violate any copyrights??)

Ricki
Graphisoft Certified ArchiCAD BIM Manager

ArchiCAD 27

Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
woodster wrote:
Hey, I'll book a trip to Austrailia and take you to dinner if you contact the dealer and think ArchiCAD 9.0 is way advanced from 6.0 and it was a complete waste of time!
Sorry... that should have read:

Hey, I'll book a trip to Austrailia and take you to dinner if you contact the dealer and do not think ArchiCAD 9.0 is way advanced from 6.0 and it was a complete waste of time to take a look!
Dwight
Newcomer
woodster wrote:
woodster wrote:
Hey, I'll book a trip to Austrailia and take you to dinner if you contact the dealer and think ArchiCAD 9.0 is way advanced from 6.0 and it was a complete waste of time!

Just another example of how far an ArchiCAD guy has to go to get a date.
Dwight Atkinson
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
If you can afford V9 go with that.
If not try getting V8.1, which will be cheaper than V9 (by how much i don't know) as you can upgrade to V9 at a later stage with no problems with plans, libraries etc.

If you are sticking with V6 i can send a copy of the V6.5 training guide info.

Cheers
Stu
Dwight
Newcomer
Cousin ! ???

Your avatar hints at the Atkinson lineage, except I am wise to turn my back for fear of frightening chidren.
Dwight Atkinson