Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

NGVD with Story Levels

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to set the North American Vertical Datum (NGVD) in Archicad so Archicad can show the NGVD level with the story levels? Or is the manual approach the only way? The NGVD is similar to the mean sea level datum. Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this would only be possible by modifying the built-in Story Marker.
You can define a new Reference Level, name it N.V.G.D. Then in the Story Marker settings you can set the Reference Level parameter to this value. However, the Story Marker is currently scripted to display only one value above the Story line, you would have to modify the script so you can compose it from various values.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Cheikh:

Another option is to use the Dimensioning Tool with the Elevation construction method, which allows multiple references in the marker text. But this is not automatic, you have to place dimensions to the model (I usually dimension to the floor slabs which follow the story heights).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
RandyC
Advocate
the elevation tool from Masterscript might help.

http://www.masterscript.nl/epages/78066077.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/78066077/Products/33
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

That is quite a neat tool. I saw it on some construction documents but did not know about it. I am wondering if the elevation dimensioning could be set to a datum value, but I assume that even if it could, it would affect the story markers as well. Thanks for the tip.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Randy,

Thanks. That is a neat tool also. I will check it out.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Cheikh wrote:
I am wondering if the elevation dimensioning could be set to a datum value, but I assume that even if it could, it would affect the story markers as well.
The Dimension Tool allows more than one datum to be used, but will display the same Dimension setting (your example has both decimal feet and feet & inches). It also cannot have multiline text, so will not do everything in your illustration, but will show the correct datum when these values change.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

That is a great hidden dimensioning tool that gives me what I needed. Even if one has to enter the text info manually, once done it shows both elevations values. Thank again so much.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Cheikh:

Glad that that solution worked for you.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture