Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Naming of plot jobs saved in the Spool folder

alexliz24
Participant
Every time we select a few layouts to plot by saving them to the Spool Folder and sending them to the plotter through PlotFlow (on MacOS X), the files saved are named, erroneously, after the first layout which is sent out to the Spool Folder.

For instance, if I have selected the layouts named "Basement", "Ground Floor" and "Floor 1", the saved .plt files will end up named: "Basement", "Basement1", "Basement2".

This doesn't help much when, after some time, you go back to the Spool Folder in order to reprint a job. Which one of the "Basement###" files is going to be the floor you really want?
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Agreed. Also see this thread:
AC10 Spool Folder File Name Bug

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
TomWaltz
Participant
I thought that was a bug. It's been around since like AC8, hasn't it?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's either a bug or a feature depending on what you want. The behavior has been around at least since 6.0 and maybe 5.0.

What I have typically done is to drag the latest set out of the spool folder to the appropriate place in the project directory. There are several variations depending on the specifics of the practice.
alexliz24
Participant
I fail to see how any practice might like having documents renamed from such well-descriptive names as "Lower level" and "Entry level" to ambiguous ones such as "Lower level1" and "Lower level2" might be a feature.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned...
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
David Maudlin
Rockstar
TomWaltz wrote:
I thought that was a bug. It's been around since like AC8, hasn't it?
I just tried saving a number of layouts as plt files to a spool folder in PlotMaker 9, and each plt file had the name of the layout. It is only in ArchiCAD 10 that you get the naming mentioned by Alex. This was reported as a bug during beta testing and was supposed to be fixed by now.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14