Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

New parasol training video? come GS

rob2218
Enthusiast
come on GS, please....when are you going to make some good stairs.
How often do we need a "parasol object" video?
we need better stairs that are easy to work with.
we need better control of lineweights and pens.
we need composite materials settings where you can change the shape of the different materials within a composites.
we need better roof objects.
we need to be able to do custom GDL better.
we need better/easier customizable object creation.....

we DONT need to know how to work the "parasol object"....

sorry but it's stuff like this that really set me off like John Wick. We need better day to day components, not better obscure library objects.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bricklyne:

After you messaged me that I had sent my pm to you by mistake (!), we did in fact, exchange several pms with predictable results and you made your feelings very clear.

My pm to Robby was to try to head off a contentious exchange that the two of you were having in the AC 20 Announced thread. I was also interested in contacting him because he and I are both in So Cal and I was interested in his experience with AC and that maybe we could share ideas.

I don't disagree with you about many of AC's shortcomings, but I have a different take on Graphisoft's motives.

Don
Robby
Booster
Hi Don,

Thank you for your attempt to pm me- I never got it- but ran into it here on this thread. Hilarious, don't you think?

Hello to you too Bricklyne, without you, I would never have gotten Don's message. So I guess thank you....though hard to believe you meant for me to see it given you placed it in a different thread. Now why would you do that?

Then again, why would you post a private message that was clearly meant for me and that was clearly sent to you in error? Seems in poor taste don't you think?

You should have ignored the message, or notified Don of his error, or forwarded the message privately to me; instead of what you did. Very poor judgement on your part and very telling.

Just one more thing before I let you have the last word:
Instead of so much talk of the many shortcomings of AC, why don't you take the bull by the horns and get yourself a job at GS and fix AC once and for all?
Rob Marelli
AC 27_5030
MacBook Pro (2023) M3 Max -48 Gb RAM - Sonoma 14.5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rob2218 wrote:
come on GS, please....when are you going to make some good stairs.
How often do we need a "parasol object" video?
we need better stairs that are easy to work with.
we need better control of lineweights and pens.
we need composite materials settings where you can change the shape of the different materials within a composites.
we need better roof objects.
we need to be able to do custom GDL better.
we need better/easier customizable object creation.....

we DONT need to know how to work the "parasol object"....

sorry but it's stuff like this that really set me off like John Wick. We need better day to day components, not better obscure library objects.
Just came back from vacation so I am joining this conversation a bit late.
For me these kind of posts are what sets me off like John Wick.

Creating that object took probably a couple of man days of work. Creating that clip took a few hours. And you compare that to projects that require hundreds or thousands or even more man hours. How are these things on the same order of magnitude? On your list at least 3 are huge huge projects (a new stair tool, custom object creation, changing geometry of skins of composites are the first 3 that stand out for me).

Also, you pick a single clip. When finished there will be over 100 New Feature Clips about ARCHICAD 20. And you pick a single one of those clips and you make the huge generalization that the whole GRAPHISOFT development team is wasting their time on such things instead of focusing on the really important things. Now that is what sets ME off.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
muril00ng
Enthusiast
Guys, you are talking about several AC issues which remains for a long time. And Stair still is a design tool that lacks huge improvements.

In this case, I have developed with GDL programming a single run stair which has simple and useful features:

EASY STAIR -

>>>>>CLICK on the "gear" button and choose Eng. subtitles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etOa26ovYTc

(the Easy Stair Eng. Version soon will be available)

More information you can found on my blog: http://noletoblog.blogspot.com.br/2016/07/easy-stair-para-archicad_7.html or talking with me inbox.
muril00ng wrote:
Guys, you are talking about several AC issues which remains for a long time. And Stair still is a design tool that lacks huge improvements.

In this case, I have developed with GDL programming a single run stair which has simple and useful features:

EASY STAIR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etOa26ovYTc

(click on the "gear" button and choose Eng. subtitles)
(the Easy Stair Eng. Version soon will be available)

More information you can found on my blog: http://noletoblog.blogspot.com.br/2016/07/easy-stair-para-archicad_7.html or talking with me inbox.
I'm not going to lie, but that is pretty danged impressive.

Even for a non-English interface, I could see how intuitive it is and at the same time comprehensive and really well-thought out and customizable.

AND.. parametric.

If you're able to get a multi-flight or multi-run version of it and an English interface, you'll really have something special on your hands.

Good job.
muril00ng
Enthusiast
Bricklyne wrote:

I'm not going to lie, but that is pretty danged impressive.

Even for a non-English interface, I could see how intuitive it is and at the same time comprehensive and really well-thought out and customizable.

AND.. parametric.

If you're able to get a multi-flight or multi-run version of it and an English interface, you'll really have something special on your hands.

Good job.

Thanks Bricklyne!

Multi-flight and multi-run stair is something that I have already put in my mind, your advice is very relevant.

The Easy Stair has lower and higher junctions which allows to be combined with landings or slabs. In this case, it seems the ArchiCAD ones.

I have create a specific topic about it in "Other Products" Section.