Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Objects stuck in ArchiCAD Layer, Version 8.1 Student

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know how I did it, but I got 2 walls and some wall trim stuck in the ArchiCAD Layer. I have re-inserted the wall and trim on the correct layer, but I am unable to remove the items from that layer.

How can I get them out?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
as far as i know, the only way things can be 'stuck' on the archiCAD layer is when using teamwork:

the first person to sign-in automatically 'owns' the archiCAD layer. other teammembers are free to use the archiCAD layer in their own workspace, but as soon as they send and receive changes those elements are then deemed to be in workspace of the person who 'owns' the archiCAD layer. and if you follow that through to it's logical conclusion, if that person hasn't received changes to their workspace, the elements will belong to nobody . . .

signing-in as teamleader with exclusive access should fix it up.

hope this makes sense and helps . . .
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You!!! I don't know how I did get Teamwork started (I may have hit the menu pull down without doing too much ). But gettting back in, setting it myself up as the team leader and exporting it knocked out the extraneous material.

Thanks again!
__archiben
Booster
Mark wrote:
Thank You!!! I don't know how I did get Teamwork started (I may have hit the menu pull down without doing too much ). But gettting back in, setting it myself up as the team leader and exporting it knocked out the extraneous material.
i have absolutely no idea what you did, but it seems that teamwork was the cause of your problem. glad it got solved . . . however that might've been

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
__archiben
Booster
I wrote:
the first person to sign-in automatically 'owns' the archiCAD layer.
thinking on this a little longer, i don't think that it's strictly true anymore: i have a feeling that any teammate can now select the archiCAD layer in their workspace if it's available. somebody correct me if i'm wrong?

the logic of the problem/solution remains the same though . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t