Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Offset Window Wall Hole

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have inherited a project that has a peculiar window problem. Two of the windows have wall openings that don't correspond to the placement of the window geometry -- either on the floor plan or in elevation. It's a standard ArchiCAD window called "W Fixed 10". The attached graphic shows what I get when I select the window on the floor plan. Notice the hotspots are wrong. This shows up in elevation as a gap on one side and an overlap on the other. Using the eyedropper to sample the window results in the same problem with the new window.

We've decided to delete them and start over, but I'm still curious. Is there actually a parameter that controls this?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am just wondering if what you have selected is a separate wall under the window and not the actual window itself? I have used such walls before to insert windows and doors and they dont need to bear any resemblance to the location of the actual window from what I have seen? I often put an invisible wall in to insert a full hieght/width window or door into an opening between two corners. IF you drag the nodes what happens. I would guess you could perhaps delete the wider wall and have the window and its invisible thinner wall relealed? All I can think of.