cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Organizer Palette

Anonymous
Not applicable
Somehow during a long work session, the organizer palette has become stretched vertically so that even if I move the top of the palette to the top of the screen, the "handle" in the bottom right of the palette that allows for resizing is off the bottom of the screen.

How can I get the palette back to a size that will allow access to that handle?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If your info box is at the top of your screen and consists of more than one row of items you can pull the bottom of it up temporarily to give you more room at the top. Also if you have palettes docked at the bottom of your interface you can drag them up into the work space to give you more room at the bottom. Either (or both) of these options should increase your real estate and hopefully allow you to see the handle. Afterwards you can reset your work space. I've had this happen and these options allowed me to fix it.

Doug
Barry Kelly
Maybe Macs are different but in Windows we can grab any edge of the dialogue to stretch it.
We don't have to use the bottom right-hand corner.
Is this not the case on a Mac?

Or as Doug suggested turn off or move other toolbars and palettes to see if that gives you more space to move the organizer palette around.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Barry wrote:
Maybe Macs are different but in Windows we can grab any edge of the dialogue to stretch it.
Is this not the case on a Mac?
Yes. You should get a double-arrow icon on any edge of the palette that will stretch the palette on a Mac.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry. The problem is that the bottom of the window gets tucked down behind whatever is at the bottom of your UI. You can't see the edge of the window at all to stretch it up. I believe it comes from adding rows to your info box or adding palettes. It shrinks up the vertical real estate to a point that you can't move a window to a position that you can see the bottom of it.

Doug
David Maudlin
Rockstar
4thorns wrote:
Barry. The problem is that the bottom of the window gets tucked down behind whatever is at the bottom of your UI. You can't see the edge of the window at all to stretch it up. I believe it comes from adding rows to your info box or adding palettes. It shrinks up the vertical real estate to a point that you can't move a window to a position that you can see the bottom of it.
You should be able to stretch the top of the palette down (making the palette shorter in height), then move the palette up to access its bottom. Works here.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14