Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Overhead Linetype Problems

griggadee
Contributor
Hi Folks,

Could anyone please help me with the following.

I have a roof element on the fourth story that has a 25% cover fill with a solid outline. The floor plan display is set to 'outline only' and the show on stories setting is set to 'home story (4th) and one floor down'.

Unfortunately, on the third floor the cover fill comes through but the roof outline comes through as a dashed / dotted line instead of a solid line. See the attached JPEG which clearly shows the overhead linetype set to a solid line.

I have snooped around including checking the model view settings but cannot seem to resolve this. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Paul

Linetype Problem.jpg
Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
2 REPLIES 2
sinceV6
Advocate
I have observed that when using "outlines only", the overhead line in stories below is controled by project preferences->construction elements. When using "projected with overhead" the roof's outline overhead line type takes precedence.

As for the fill, use "custom" instead of "home & one floor down" to adjust the settings.
griggadee
Contributor
Thank you so much sincev6. Changing the linetype in 'Project Preferences > Construction Elements' worked great! The fill remained as it should be.

Paul
Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive