cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Pen colours

Anonymous
Not applicable
I notice that the palette is different on each installation in our office and some of the pens in my setup actually have the same colour. They don't seem to follow any logical progression.

Is there a way to reset the colours to a default?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Keith wrote:
You just need to do a "New and Reset" by alt clicking before opening the "file" menu.
The new file will have all the basic adjustments of ArchiCAD, in particular the pen colours.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Merci, Frédéric
Djordje
Ace
Keith wrote:
I notice that the palette is different on each installation in our office and some of the pens in my setup actually have the same colour. They don't seem to follow any logical progression.

It seems you have been opening many DWGs or that the people were happily changing stuff around ... time for a template, huh?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Andy Thomson
Advisor
The office I am in has demanded we all use a black background. Hangover from AutoCad I guess, or maybe it is just another radical Canadian energy saving initiative, but I made an inverted version of Eric Batte's STS for black screen background if you want it (god forbid!) - I prefer the original.

A
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Djordje
Ace
andyro wrote:
The office I am in has demanded we all use a black background.
AAArgh! Did anyone ever ask why?

andyro wrote:
Hangover from AutoCad I guess
Has nothign to do with AutoCAD, everything to do with old screens with not enough colors and no WYSIWY(a)G concept ...

Education is a life long process
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I think the black background is primarily about not looking like the early AC fanatics (in this office, 65 architects, 30+ use AC and growing) were into some dorky software, so they endeavored to make it 'look' like autocad. This was many years ago.

Now I think black has become a habit, so it was simply stated to me when I set up the templates, that it be on black backgrounds.

Oh - and the other stated reason was 'it's easier on the eyes'.

Took me a while to get it all to work properly, but now I can switch black or white background, get reasonably good colour screen prints straight from AC, etc.

But of course, I prefer white, have used white forever.

A.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want it to be easier on the eyes just change it to a very light grey, not as hard on the eyes, and you dont have to mess about changing pen colours nor have plotting issues. thats my 2p anyway

cheers,
dan
You say background, I say beige. ( R 237, G 236, B 202)

Very low eyestrain. Shows black, white, gray, and yellow.

Yes, I have posted this at least twice before.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Barry Kelly
James wrote:
You say background, I say beige. ( R 237, G 236, B 202)

Very low eyestrain. Shows black, white, gray, and yellow.

Yes, I have posted this at least twice before.
Our offices seem to like the old drawing board green colour (R225, G244, B 223).
Makes us old manual drafties feel right at home.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11