cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Please help, roof ridge over laps at steep pitch

Anonymous
Not applicable
as you can see I have 14:12 roof pitches and I selected the angled eave setting for the roof verses the strait up and down eave setting but this affect the ridge angle as well. How can I make the ridge clean up correctly?

Capture.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
2 easy options...

1 - Make the roof ridge edge Vertical (using pet palette)

2 - Stretch the ridges away from where they currently are, select one roof and CMD-click on the edge of the other - this extends the 2nd roof to where the two meet and gives the edge the appropriate meeting angle. Then select the 2nd roof and CMD-click the edge of the first (especially relevant if the two roofs are different slopes, but works if they are identical too). This can be done to correctly align ridges, valleys, hips or any junction between two roof planes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
S2art. which tool on the pet pallet will help me with this, none I have see will are helping. Just to clarify i want the perpendicular roof edge at the bottom of the roof and I want the ridge to still clean up nicely but at the pitch I want to use it doesnt seem to want to clean up.
Thanks very much
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found what i was looking for
this selection lets you modify the roof edges independantly
Thanks again
Anonymous
Not applicable
You got it. Sorry, I was just too lazy to post an image myself. Glad to have helped.