Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Ponds for Architects

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Germany we are using very often Arial for pond in plans.
I think, american collegues use very funny ponds in plans.
Can you say, what kind of ponds they are?
Is it possible to download this ponds?
Or costs it?

Picture 1.png
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jere wrote:
Archi wrote:
@Rick
Thanks Rick, right this one is from your material.
Sorry for using...

Mr. Hand...
What kind of "FONTS" is used in the USA?
Mainly Mr. Hand?
I'm in Canada. Almost every firm I know uses a different font including Helvetica, Arial, Tekton, Graphite. The trend seems to be moving towards sans serif fonts, especially Arial.
Arial seems to be setting in as a standard in most places; at least for CDs. Schematic drawings still show a bit more variety, and title blocks ofetn sport a bit of Palatino or some slightly more exotic typefaces.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:

Arial seems to be setting in as a standard in most places; at least for CDs. Schematic drawings still show a bit more variety, and title blocks ofetn sport a bit of Palatino or some slightly more exotic typefaces.

You american colleagues have nice graphic style with working drawings (include. arrow and fonts).
Just Arial like in Europe is boring....
Anonymous
Not applicable
We use Gill Sans, nearly Arial, but a little bit nicer...
KeesW
Advocate
I too wanted to know what a 'pond' was and had a look!

I use 'graphite light' for casual text. Don't know where I got it - an autocad add-on many years ago, i think. Its the most effective freehand font that I've come accross. It really looks handwritten, and is quite compact. Other free hand fonts seem to be vey wide and take up too much room. But it's not a standard true type font and has to be copied and loaded whenever I move to a new computer.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Jere
Expert
KeesW wrote:
I too wanted to know what a 'pond' was and had a look!

I use 'graphite light' for casual text. Don't know where I got it - an autocad add-on many years ago, i think. Its the most effective freehand font that I've come accross. It really looks handwritten, and is quite compact. Other free hand fonts seem to be vey wide and take up too much room. But it's not a standard true type font and has to be copied and loaded whenever I move to a new computer.
it's expensive ($215US), but you should check out the whole Graphite font family. I used graphite light for a little while, but i just find some of the numbers are hard to read, especially when decimals are used. It might be more clear on the Graphite medium though.

http://store.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_1334.html
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
SeaGeoff
Ace
Anybody know of a font that includes a centerline (CL) symbol? Seems obvious but none of mine have it.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
Anybody know of a font that includes a centerline (CL) symbol? Seems obvious but none of mine have it.
I've never seen one, but it sure would be nice. Surprisingly even the "Architect's Font Pack" has none.
Jere
Expert
i know (and have a couple) that do, but they're AutoCAD .shx fonts.
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jere wrote:
i know (and have a couple) that do, but they're AutoCAD .shx fonts.
I think some of the old GS vector fonts may have had it as well. Not much help though.
Geoff wrote:
Sez here, 'Arial Unicode MS' has it. Not exactly Arial, I think.

A little more research and I see that the font has 52,000 glyphs in it. The file size of the font is 22MB. Conventional Arial is around 1MB. It was downloadable in the past, but apparently now it is only distributed with Office. But that must mean the PC version; I don't have it either.

I wonder if AC would react emotionally to a 22MB font.

I use an object for CL, which I would share if it would be helpful.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info