Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem when creating splines

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am creating a bunch of splines in order to convert them later to ArchiTerra site model contours. Regardless of whether my curved spline has 4 nodes or many many nodes, AC 13 on my MacPro takes around 10 minutes to complete the spine creation task on one spline. Several times, AC will actually crash doing this.

The file is around 46 megs large as it has embedded in it 3 jpg's of topo surveys upon which I'm basing my site modeling.

My MacPro has two each 2.8GHZ Quad Core Xeon CPU's & 8g RAM.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds like there is something wrong. I often work with splines to make large sites based on JPGs, PDFs and DWGs and have had no such problems. This is true not only on my MacPro but on any Mac I have used for this going back years.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if maybe the problem is the magic wand settings.
If you have the deviation from curves set to a very small dimension
or the line segment length is set to a very small distance this forces
Archicad to make grouped lines or a polyline with a huge number of nodes
and if the mesh is large each contour line may have thousands of nodes
causing Archicad to choke. Just a thought.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
tried resetting the Magic Wand settings. Changed it to assigning nodes every 4' linear rather a close fit to the spline. The effect of this, was that converting AC13 splines to ArchiTerra Contours went faster.

However, the simple act of creating splines before ever converting them via ArchiTerra continues to taken massive amounts of time as before, irrespective of the number of nodes in each spline. Very Frustrating!
Anonymous
Not applicable
For me I remember no matter what my Magic wand settings wher if I was using the Spline tool and spacebar clicking (magic wand) on a imported Surveyors Acad Drawing, I got many Many Nodes. It seemed to have to do with the native object being wanded.