Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with SEOs on Modules

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a job which is two similar houses on a block, and so I have one PLN which has all the common elements of the houses as well as the site, and then two more PLNs for each of the houses, and each of these files has the site story, ground floor story and first floor story linked as separate module. This is so that the site can stay in the same place for both files, but the house can be positioned differently in each.

The problem I have is that is get an error message whenever I try to do an SEO with elements from different modules (slab from ground floor as operator and mesh from site as target). The problem seems to be that the two different modules are from the same file.

I have attached a screenshot of the warning message. I get it when selecting the second part of the operation (target if I've already selected the operator, or vise versa), whether groups are suspended or not. But SEOs on a module element work fine when I am using a non-linked element as the operator.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
You will need to perform the SEO in the original module file - not in the placed instance of the module.
Modules are not editable except in there source file.

I am half surprised you say you can perform an SEO on a module with a non-module element - but I have never tried this.
Obviously that is possible if you have done it but I wouldn't have thought is was if you asked me.
Maybe you can use the module as an SEO operator on a non module element target as well - I don't know haven't tried that either.

But definitely if the target and the operator are both modules then it won't work.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry - that was the solution. I had tried something similar, but with the slabs still in the story above, and so that SEO wasn't carried across.

But I can confirm that SEOs work with modules, both as targets and operators - I've just tried it the other way around this morning. Which would make you think that it would work with a module element for both the target and operator. And in researching before starting this thread, I read one post that said "You can suspend groups and create any SEO relationships you want", which made me think it was possible but just not working for me.

Anyway, I think that what I was trying to do in the first place (SEO with a module element for both the target and operator) should be possible, because for this project that would have been the most direct way to create those SEO relationships. I can explain that further if anyone's interested.