Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with printing in pdf color fills

wendy_neverland
Newcomer

Good morning everyone from rainy north Greece! 

I am using AC 25 and I am having a problem printing color fills. 

I attach a pdf with my fills descriptions and a printscreen of how I see it on screen and how I wanted it to be.

I cannot seem to be able to get rid of the dots. Is this possible?

I have the paint glossy white on my walls, I have shadows which are not solid obviously and then I have applied some color fills with 25% color and background on transparent. I figured the problem was the fill so I created the material with the color I wanted and still getting the same problem. Shouldn't that color be solid? and then have the problem only with the shadows?

Is it a printer problem? I use the cute pdf writer or is it a fill problem?

Appreciate any help! 

Operating system used: Windows 10

Capture.JPG
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

First thing I would try is to publish using the built in PDF converter (i.e. save to PDF in publisher settings).

The internal PDF converter handles fills and textures better than some external converters.

Also if this is an elevation with the 'texture' option on, that can cause a problem with PDF created from these.

The file can become quite heavy (slow) and I have had problems where they just don't print.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I see! I will try the built in converter thank you! 

As far as the elevation yes it has the texture option on. If not how else could I print in color? Fills are not easy and textures are impossible