cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with wall complex profile,please help

Anonymous
Not applicable
My problem is with the ensembles of the walls in the floor plan of the complex profiles, there is a solution to the Wall Priority Structure and Composite but I've tried, but no go. I drawing the concrete foundation, and I really would ask you to explain to me, or if there is some tutorial because this problem can not seem to solve. Please help me!
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
I routinely model complex profile walls with the footing and foundation wall in the same complex profile. It works great. Heck, I even add the 2x plate at the top of the foundation. The footing comes out as a dashed line because it is below the cut plane.

I set the vertical stretch lines above the footing and below the plate, so when I stretch the wall, it does not affect the footing or plate.
cp wall.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
And the plan view...
Anonymous
Not applicable
And the section...
section.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
How did you get the footing section to display as dashed lines in plan view?
I have done it by making two elements and setting the footing to overhead projection but if it can be accomplished in one profile, one step, that would be much better.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are my settings. Uncut lines are set to dashed (these are the footing lines).

Make sure your floor plan cut plane is set to cut through the wall itself.
settings.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, so simple. I am new to Archicad and finding some of the simplest things to be a challenge until you find out where to look.
Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem! I'm still learning...