cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Projecting walls onto floor above

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

This seems like it should be a relatively simple question but haven't received a decent resonse from graphisoft support.

Basically I have a garden wall, home story is the ground.
I want this to show up on the ground floor AND as an outline on the story above.
There doesnt seem to be a 'show on home story and one above' setting like on roofs.

The only answers I have been given by graphisoft support are;

Use Virtual Trace Tool - No idea what this, its not listed in the help manual.
Use 2D patches - Again no idea and its not listed in the help manual.
Change home storey of wall and choose 'show on home storey only. - Thats not going to work, I need it to show on BOTH.

I fail to believe there isnt a simple answer to this!

Help appreciated.

Regards,

Tom.
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
For the wall you need to turn on "Show on all Relevant Stories" and verify that you have selected "Projected" as the "Floor plan Display" option.

-Condition 01: Verify that your Story settings are correct i.e. that the wall crosses the 2nd story.

-Condition 02: If the wall is not high enough you will need to edit the "Floor Plan Cut Plane" to show down to the wall.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Rockstar
Tom:

You can do this by using the Floor Plan Cut Plane. Set the Wall to Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Projected with Overhead. On the upper story, set the Floor Plan Cut Plane to extend below the Current Story enough to cut through the wall on the story below (this Floor Plane Cut Plan setting can be stored as part of the View). Any Walls left as Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Symbolic Cut will not be affected.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys.

Cut plane worked a treat (can't beleive it was that simple..)

Regards,

Tom.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I have the same problem, i have holes in my roof (for patios) and i need to see what's underneath. I understood the first step but not the part when you say "On the upper story, set the Floor Plan Cut Plane to extend below the Current Story enough to cut through the wall on the story below"... I'm new to Archicad (2days) and i don't know how to do that.

Here's a screencap of my roof plan... the parts in blue are the holes, and what's red comes from the reference plan and should be seen (except the complicated bit near the "x" mark)... Its mainly beams and columns, but there's also plants (which i don't know hot to put), and some cover fills of the floor under. Can you help me?

PS : By the way is there a way to hide the trace reference.
Capture d’écran 2012-06-24 à 11.11.39.jpg