Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Quick error message

Tom Krowka
Booster
When performing a function with the roof (that did not work correctly) an error message flashes across the screen so quickly that I can't read it. It is a typical windows error box, has an exclamation point in a yellow box,but is on the screen no more than one second.

The error message does not appear in the report, either. Any way to slow that error message down. It would be nice to see what the program says I am doing wrong.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure you are not imagining it? Are you suffering from stress? Take a day off work and sit in a park then see if the message still appears.
Only thing i can think of is to press "print screen" when it appears quickly and then paste it into a new file in photoshop.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Nope, it's not the StREss, i DO'nt tHiNK......

It's really there, just not long enough.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Thomas Holm
Booster
That happens to me when I try to do something that accidentally tries to involve something on a ghost storey or locked layer.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Tom Krowka
Booster
Exactly. AC is trying to tell us something, but the speed reading class is not working........
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Tom,
Keep your mouse button held down, you'll see the message. It's basically the same message that you get when you try to move or edit a hotlinked module or an X-Refed DWG.

BTW, here is what you are seeing

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Tom Krowka
Booster
I've seen that message. This one is different. The message I'm talking about is actually an explanation of what went wrong with the last operation I tried to perform. I was performing a roof operation, making a barrel roof.
When I got to the end of the operation, the error message flashed on, it's about four lines long. The first sentence read something like " the roof cannot be formed. The arcs and lines you have selected........" I later realized I had one arc segment under another arc segment which is not allowed.
When I corrected this the roof was constructed and the error message did not come on.
There must be some way to make that error message stay on the screen for a longer period of time.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom Krowka
Booster
Anybody else have any thoughts on this? I tried my vendor; he thought it might have something to do with the graphics card, but could not figure it out.

It would be great to get feedback from AC, especially when I screw something up.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com