cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

RENOVATION FILTER - HELP!

griggadee
Contributor
Hello Experts!

Please help me find a solution to this problem.

I have tried to set my renovation filter to show my demolished elements as transparent but with a red dotted outline. For some reason, the demolished elements now show as a solid background fill which is contrary to the graphics in my renovation filter options.

Does anyone have any ideas how to sort this?

The same element also shows up in solid red in the 3d model view which I also want to change.

Thanks folks...

Paul

Screen Shot.jpg
Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
29 REPLIES 29
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Paul:

Look at the settings under Renovation Override Styles... (button at lower right in your screen shot). You probably have the wrong settings for Elements to be Demolished.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
griggadee
Contributor
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to changing the settings but to no avail. Here are my settings:
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
Eduardo Rolon
Options to verify:

- Use Background fill instead of AirSpace
- Check if you have Trace Reference On
- Check you Model View Options to see if you have a fill Override
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 9.16.58 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
settings
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 9.16.53 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

griggadee
Contributor
Hi Ejrolon,

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, none of them solved it.

- Trace reference is off.
- There is no fill override selected in Model View Options (See Attached JPEG).
- Background fill instead of Airspace makes no difference.

The only manual workaround I can find is to change the Wall Selection Settings manually to change the background fill from grey to transparent. This works, but defeats the object of having an override set up in the Renovation Override Settings which automatically makes all demolished elements transparent with a dotted red outline.

It just seems like the override is set-up correctly but not working for some reason.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul
griggadee
Contributor
Wall Selection Settings.

See post below for my current update.
Wall Selection Settings.jpg
Eduardo Rolon
Since you are in AC15 I opened my old copy and it looks like a Bug. I am running AC15 3898 and there is an update to 4056 but I did not see any references to Reno Overrides in the notes for the hotfix.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

David Maudlin
Rockstar
griggadee wrote:
The same element also shows up in solid red in the 3d model view which I also want to change.
Uncheck "Material" (or change the material) in the Renovation Override Styles dialog box.

I cannot reproduce what your screen shots show, so don't have a solution for the wall fill issue. In Screen Shot there appears to be a door under the red dashed outline wall, are there elements on top of each other? In Screen Shot 2 there is a dashed window in a filled wall, is this a window or lines? You could try copying some of the demolition elements to a New & Reset file to see if they behave, maybe the file you are working on has some corruption.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
griggadee
Contributor
Hi David,

There are no elements on top of each other, the door you can see is a PDF within the drawing for reference.

The window in Screen Shot 2 highlights a very good point actually. It is an existing wall with a window to be demolished in it and that is how it looks when I allocate the 'To Be Demolished' renovation status to it.

I have resorted to manually changing the properties of the walls which then seems to appear correct, but I am aware that this defeats the whole point of the renovation status tool. I am now tempted to go more old school and simply put my to be demolished items onto a separate layer and then hide them and replace them with manually drawn red broken lines.

I could email you my file if that could help us solve the puzzle?

Thanks,

Paul